[CS-FSLUG] Another chapter in my transition to Linux saga

Ruth Marlene Friesen bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Thu Apr 28 00:36:51 CDT 2005

On April 22, 2005 08:57 am, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 10:39 -0400, brenda wrote:
> > a real good editor is vim/vi and get vimtutor also.it has actual practice
> > sessions for those of us that had no idea what they were talking
> > about.cant remember some small step,just load another terminal with the
> > tutor and you can find it.
>
> I rarely ever use 'vim' but it is occasionally of great benefit to know
> the first 15 min. of the 'vimtutor' directions. The rest is just neat
> stuff to know. The idea of modes in a text editor threw me for a loop
> for about a year (back in RedHat 5.2 days). I didn't know about
> 'vimtutor' at the time. Priceless! I think, for most use, nano is all
> you need and it has a menu so you don't have to remeber as much.
>
> JSR/

Good to know this, Josiah. I've found the Vimtutor site, but I'm about passing
out as it is past my shut-down time, so I'll have to study it tomorrow.
Glad of this helpful tip though.

Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth Marlene Friesen

When you meet Ruthe and her Friend -
You've got Friends! http://www.Ruthes-SecretRoses.com
                       \o/
P.S. Buy it & it's on its way to you within 48 hours!
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/RSR.html
or as e-book to download right away -
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/rsr/Intro.html