[CS-FSLUG] Ichthux - A Christian Distro is Born

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Wed Apr 27 06:27:04 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 22:10 -0700, David Aikema wrote:
> Did you validate the checksum on the image you downloaded (look at the
> documentation for the md5sum compare and use
> http://www.crosswire.org/%7Edglassey/ichthux/ICHTHUX_V0.4.3-2005-04-03.ISO.MD5
> for comparison)?

Always a good idea!

> You shouldn't need to chmod anything.  Asking such a question leads me
> to wonder, did you burn the ISO file .... or did you burn the ISO
> image?  (the ISO contains an image rather than itself being a file to
> burn).

The .iso file is the image.  I don't know how K3B works (a front-end to
cdrecord?) but with cdrecord you just tell it to burn the .iso and that
is that.  With GUI recording software you usually have to tell it that
it is an image not just an ordinary file.  Why not use the CLI and go
easy on yourself?  `cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 speed=40 foo.iso`  Of
course dev and speed should be changed to your appropriate settings.
--
Brian

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after
him.  -- Proverbs 20:7