[CS-FSLUG] Ichthux - A Christian Distro is Born

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 00:59:43 CDT 2005

On 4/21/05, David Aikema <daikema at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you validate the checksum on the image you downloaded (look at the
> documentation for the md5sum compare and use
> http://www.crosswire.org/%7Edglassey/ichthux/ICHTHUX_V0.4.3-2005-04-03.ISO.MD5
> for comparison)?
>
> You shouldn't need to chmod anything.  Asking such a question leads me
> to wonder, did you burn the ISO file .... or did you burn the ISO
> image?  (the ISO contains an image rather than itself being a file to
> burn).
>
> What happens if you try to view the CD while your computer is booted
> up... do you see anything on it?  does the volume label make sense?
>
> David

Ahhh yes.  I had to learn the hard way - I think it cost me @ $0.50.
;)  I burned an Ututo-e boot ISO using K3B.  I didn't realize that I
had to use the menu instead of the more obvious "Data CD Project".
Fortunately, their project had instructions on using K3B.  If your
effort with IchThux fails, I probably can't help you - I haven't tried
it yet, myself.  You would want to check with the dev crew.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/