[CS-FSLUG] Another chapter in my transition to Linux saga

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Fri Apr 22 09:57:52 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 10:39 -0400, brenda wrote:

> a real good editor is vim/vi and get vimtutor also.it has actual practice
> sessions for those of us that had no idea what they were talking about.cant
> remember some small step,just load another terminal with the tutor and you
> can find it.

I rarely ever use 'vim' but it is occasionally of great benefit to know
the first 15 min. of the 'vimtutor' directions. The rest is just neat
stuff to know. The idea of modes in a text editor threw me for a loop
for about a year (back in RedHat 5.2 days). I didn't know about
'vimtutor' at the time. Priceless! I think, for most use, nano is all
you need and it has a menu so you don't have to remeber as much.

JSR/