[CS-FSLUG] KPPP hangup

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Sun Sep 26 10:30:50 CDT 2004

Ruth: You can activate these commands every time you boot. In the
directory /etc/rc.d/ look for a file named 'rc.local'. While as root,
edit the file with your favorite text editor (for example, you can use
'kdesu kwrite' for that), put the three commands there before the
'exit' instruction, save, and reboot.

Then you should be able to use without problems (I hope) KPPP. Tell me
how it does.

Eduardo

On Sunday 26 September 2004 02:19, Ruth Marlene Friesen wrote:
> Then I remembered that when I'd installed the Linuxant driver for my
> modem, something didn't go quite right, and they advised me to take
> these other steps. I'd forgotten that I had to go into Mandake control
> first, and do a fresh setup each time I want to go online.
>
> Then - I go into a terminal, su to root, and add these lines;
> hcfpciconfig --serial
> depmod -e -a
> modprobe -v/dev/ttySHCF
>
> After that I can go to KPPP and dial up with no problem.
>
> However, I sure hope one day to find a short cut! It is quite a
routine! :)

> Does anyone know of a way to program all this so I can just click on
an
> icon or open my email , or a browser, to get the dialing going?
>
> I did get online again using this routine, but it was too late, and I
> was getting too sleepy to do anything.
>

> Blessings & Thanks,
> Ruth

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
 For in the Market-place, one Dusk of Day,
 I watch'd the Potter thumping his wet Clay:
   And with its all obliterated Tongue
 It murmur'd--"Gently, Brother, gently, pray!"

	-- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam