[CS-FSLUG] KPPP hangup

Ruth Marlene Friesen bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Tue Sep 28 17:56:16 CDT 2004

Eduardo Sanchez wrote:

>Ruth: You can activate these commands every time you boot. In the
>directory /etc/rc.d/ look for a file named 'rc.local'. While as root,
>edit the file with your favorite text editor (for example, you can use
>'kdesu kwrite' for that), put the three commands there before the
>'exit' instruction, save, and reboot.
>
>Then you should be able to use without problems (I hope) KPPP. Tell me
>how it does.

Sorry... this time it didn't work. I tried a number of things, including
my old routine a few times, and worked at it for an hour. Then, noticing
that the debug window for KPPP was talking about password in the
authentication message, I went back and even though my ID and password
were in place, I re-typed  the password. voila! After that it did go
through and I found myself online.

I wonder, was that a one-time thing, or will I just need to re-type the
password each time? I guess experience will tell.

At least I can proceed with my transition phases while I keep alert to
better ways to do this.

By the way, Eduardo, when I clicked on some links in Konqueror on KDE I
found myself on a site with articles by you. Seems you are a published
authority on these topics!  <GRIN>

I notice you wrote several articles on Slackware, which raises another
question I've been thinking about. Maybe it's too soon for me to try out
other distros, but if I were to do that, which ones would be best? (any
one in the group may make suggestions) .

Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth