[CS-FSLUG] Switching to linux

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Sun Sep 19 10:52:24 CDT 2004

Hey all, I got my neighbor to switch over to linux yesterday.

Problem is, I talked so highly about Linux and what it can do and I convinced
him to put it on his computer and do away with that windows 2000
professional.

Well after I got it all installed, it run great, but I couldn't get his sound
to work for the life of me.

He has an onboard sound and Mandrake cannot reconize it. He bought the
computer from a buddy for 300 bucks and didn't get any software or
documentation with it.

I looked up the model on the internet and tried to find out what sound system
he may have for his model, and I thought I found it, but it didn't work when
I tried it.

I have no idea how I can solve this problem. I feel like a complete idiot
after talking so great about linux and then failing to get the sound working.

I could really use some help here. I feel so stupid after talking so highly
about linux.
--
David M.
http://www.edificationweb.com