[CS-FSLUG] Close but not quite

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Sun Sep 19 01:03:48 CDT 2004

Sorry if this is a double post, my e-mails were all recently cleaned out.

I've been using SUSE for a few days and I've found little wrong with it except
for a few things:

1. Its the easiest distribution to bog down out of all of them I've tried so
far, OO.o, YaST even lighter programs will cause it to skip while playing
music.
2. KOffice is rendered absolutely useles, I've made progress in getting the
spell checker to work but it will only check the very first line of a
document,   there is no point in keeping it now since thats a problem in the
code and not something I can fix.
3. OpenOffice.org is still missing words from the en_CA dictionary I installed
using the dictOOo macro, the words are not missing from the dictionary itself
however but rather the default dictionary that OpenOffice.org uses.

Right now half my ram is at the computer store being replaced so that may be
contributing to #1 but I still have 256 MB as well as a 508 MB swap
partition.

I'm hoping some listfolk could provide some insight as to how I could resolve
some of these issues, especially if anyone could tell me how to improve on
problem #1.