[CS-FSLUG] Television

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Sun Sep 19 17:47:51 CDT 2004

> I'm very surprised at you......CNN isn't quite as bad about distortion
> or out
> and out lies as CBS, but their close!! FOX is MUCH, MUCH more accurate
> for
> news.

	I figured that would catch someone's attention. :-) Well, I figure
maybe if I watch the left wing and the right wing, I'll get something
like the real picture -- at least as much of it as the media is willing
to give. I lost some "faith" in Fox News after they were declaring
victory in Baghdad before the collation troops had even gotten into the
city... it was about a day later before it appears what they were
saying was happening actually happened (as it turned out they were
right, but a little bit too fast on saying it). I'm all for supporting
the troops, but I tend to prefer media that reports neither what "they"
want to hear or what "I" want to hear.

	Of course, to Dan Rather and the like, that must mean I'm a right wing
nut... they aren't biased, not at all! <g> Bernard Goldberg should be
able to get another book out of this current CBS scandal. But, back to
what I was saying.

	CNN provides a bit more professional feeling "package," I'd say. I
think they definitely have a liberal bias, but even with Wesley Clark
heading up the Iraq coverage last year, they did pretty good at staying
objective I thought (Gen. Clark makes a better talking head on TV than
he did a presidential candidate). I like some of the Fox News people
too. The nice thing is, I can switch back and forth when something is
happening and get more than one perspective. :-)

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |
Presently on "Albert" (DP PPC 970 "G5" running at 2.0 GHz)