[CS-FSLUG] There is more to this than mere denominations

Aaron Patrick Lehmann lehmanap at cs.purdue.edu
Wed Sep 15 01:59:02 CDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 01:09:59AM -0500, Christopher Rose wrote:
> Now then, I can only say that I have no desire to cause trouble on this
> listserv, but I also will not back down when it comes to my faith. I firmly
> believe that the christian church is largely in need of reform and renewal
> regardless of denomination and that there truly should be more dialogue
> between the different sub-sect of this sect of Judaism that we casually call
> "christianity". This I say not as a Lutheran, but rather as a man who firmly
> knows what it is he believes and in whom he believes.

I'm glad you know what you believe, but if you believe that Christianity is a
sect of Judaism, you are mistaken.  Early Christians could be considered a sect
of Judaism, possibley, but Judaism has progressed, and is different than it was
1970 years ago.  Your Lord was a Jew, but you are not, except through the
miraculous grafting of God, which is through grace and Spirit, not religion.

Aaron Lehmann

--
Sometimes you stay the course;
Sometimes the course stays you.