[CS-FSLUG] There is more to this than mere denominations

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Wed Sep 15 01:09:59 CDT 2004

Please let me state my belief that "non-denominationalism" is as much a denomination as baptist or lutheran or any other. Having established that, please understand that I can only speak primarily from what I know and understand within my faith group. I have heard from friends who are part of other churches that are struggling with similiar issues. Further, many churches in my area (regardless of denomination) have strayed from scriptural truth and it is rather sickening. To me, the concerns I have over what is happening within the modern christian church extends beyond denominations. What has been happening is that the church is becoming conformed to the world and not transformed by the spirit.

Now then, I can only say that I have no desire to cause trouble on this listserv, but I also will not back down when it comes to my faith. I firmly believe that the christian church is largely in need of reform and renewal regardless of denomination and that there truly should be more dialogue between the different sub-sect of this sect of Judaism that we casually call "christianity". This I say not as a Lutheran, but rather as a man who firmly knows what it is he believes and in whom he believes.

Now then, let us consider together the future of the christian church as a whole, and not merely from the aspect of some denomination (including "non-denominational", which I do believe is a denomination within itself, though some may and are free to disagree with me on that).

Pax,

Christopher

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7