[CS-FSLUG] KOffice document portability

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Thu Sep 16 09:23:45 CDT 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 08:54, N. Thompson wrote:
> What version of KOffice is that, I'm running KWord 1.3 and when I try to
> open an OpenOffice.org (OO.o 1.1.1) file it locks when its at 100% of
> opening the file. Would this have to do with the versions or is it just
> something particular to SUSE Linux. Another thing I've noticed is that the
> OpenOffice.org dictionaries seem to be missing a significant few words in
> SUSE Linux, hopefully that will be fixed in SUSE 9.2 or 10.0 (whichever
> comes first).

I have similar problems. I noticed that both OO.o and KWord can open
sxw-documents saved by KWord. KWord doesn't put any version-information in
sxw-documents (noticed it from OO.o's open-dialog's "version"-entry). It
looks like it has something to do with versions -> KWord 1.3 cannot read OO.o
1.1.1 fileformat properly.

Blessings,
Jukka