[CS-FSLUG] KOffice document portability

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 15 00:34:48 CDT 2004

I've always preferred KOffice over OpenOffice.org, KOffice is lighter, faster
and simpler to use while also integrating much better into KDE. I would have
been using KOffice all along so far were it not for one complication: I
cannot open KOffice documents in Windows.

The last time I tried was before KOffice started supporting the Oasis format
also used by OpenOffice.org, should the two become compatible enough I would
like to switch everything I do over to KOffice.

My question is how compatible have the two office suites become so far?
Or alternatively is there a KOffice document reader for Windows?