[CS-FSLUG] KOffice document portability

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Wed Sep 15 06:27:06 CDT 2004

Right now KOffice can open and save files in MS Office and
OpenOffice.org formats. My bet would be to save files as OO.o files and
then opening these in OO.o under Windows.

Eduardo

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 02:34, N. Thompson wrote:
> I've always preferred KOffice over OpenOffice.org, KOffice is lighter,
faster
> and simpler to use while also integrating much better into KDE. I
would have
> been using KOffice all along so far were it not for one complication:
> cannot open KOffice documents in Windows.
>
> The last time I tried was before KOffice started supporting the Oasis
format
> also used by OpenOffice.org, should the two become compatible enough I
would
> like to switch everything I do over to KOffice.
>
> My question is how compatible have the two office suites become so
far?
> Or alternatively is there a KOffice document reader for Windows?

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
 Ah, make the most of what we yet may spend,
 Before we too into the Dust Descend;
   Dust into Dust, and under Dust, to lie,
 Sans Wine, sans Song, sans Singer and--sans End!

 -- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam