LCD's (was: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Linux/Programming magazines)

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Sep 14 19:03:52 CDT 2004

On September 14, 2004 5:48 pm, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
[snip]
> > since I wouldn't mind being able to work on my programs and homework
> > sitting
> > more comfortably or even just outside in the back yard during a nice
> > quiet
> > day, if Mac OS has the same button ordering as the new GTK though then
> > wouldn't go near it with a 10 foot pole.
>
> 	Tell me what the difference is that is bad and I'll tell you if Mac OS
> X has it. I've never been able to figure out the GTK button hubbub, so
> I can't really say. I have to work with Windows, Linux (almost 100% GTK
> or console these days) and Mac OS on a regular basis and I never notice
> any "button issues" with any of them (it is one of the few things I
> don't find annoying in one OS or another).
>
> 	-Tim

Traditionally in Windows, KDE, Gnome and every other window manager and
operating system I've seen the button ordering went in the order 'Yes', 'No',
'Cancel' however in GTK now the button ordering is 'No', 'Yes', 'Cancel'
which is really annoying and unlike Windows, BeOS, KDE and every other window
manager I've tried except for Gnome and maybe XFCE since they both now use
the new GTK.