LCD's (was: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Linux/Programming magazines)

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Sep 14 18:36:28 CDT 2004

On September 14, 2004 3:02 pm, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
[snip]
>> But, I'd rather get something at least as big as my
> present CRT, which would mean a 19/20" LCD, most likely, and they are
> insanely priced. :-(

I think the majority of people would upgrade to LCD's if the prices were
lower, I know I wouldn't mind having a 17 inch one but I'll live with my CRT
which seems to work better then the new ones comming out. While I'm on the
topic has anyone else noticed the quality on the new CRT's going down, my
sister and the school all got new ones within this year and the display has
what could best be described as an off centred ghost of whatever happens to
be on the screen.

> 	I have my eyes on this:
> http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70703/
> wo/8z5ysyR7Rd8G3hajSVU1zvxeE9N/2.0.9.1.0.6.7.1.0.19.3.1.1.0

The link didn't work, were you pointing at one of the Apple notebooks or the
new G5 iMac? The new iMac looks nice but I'd personally opt for portability
since I wouldn't mind being able to work on my programs and homework sitting
more comfortably or even just outside in the back yard during a nice quiet
day, if Mac OS has the same button ordering as the new GTK though then I
wouldn't go near it with a 10 foot pole.

[snip]