LCD's (was: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Linux/Programming magazines)

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Tue Sep 14 16:02:57 CDT 2004

> Recently, I had to replace my Eizo 17" CRT monitor. I could have
> bought a good
> CRT based monitor, but made the mistake of looking at the better made
> LCDs. I
> [...]
> with the Gimp, printing as large as 13"x19". The LCD works VERY well
> for that
> type of work and is worth the money.

	My problem is that I have a 19" CRT, so that means that while a 17"
LCD would be bigger than a 17" CRT, it would still shrink my viewable
space a bit (albeit, it would still be easier to read -- my 12"
subcompact notebook, and the 14" before it, are both nicer to look at
then the 19" CRT). But, I'd rather get something at least as big as my
present CRT, which would mean a 19/20" LCD, most likely, and they are
insanely priced. :-(

	I have my eyes on this:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70703/
wo/8z5ysyR7Rd8G3hajSVU1zvxeE9N/2.0.9.1.0.6.7.1.0.19.3.1.1.0

	Too bad it costs so much. Plus I'd need to find a DVI-based KVM, a
beast that is very hard to come by.

	Of course, if anyone wants to give me one of these for a birthday
present in a few weeks, I won't stop 'em. Hey! Quit laughing so hard!
:-)

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |
Presently on "Albert" (DP PPC 970 "G5" running at 2.0 GHz)