[CS-FSLUG] Linux/Programming magazines

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Sep 14 00:31:22 CDT 2004

On Tuesday September 14 2004 12:26 am, N. Thompson wrote:
> We're in agreement on that one but if I ever come across the money for it I
> think I'll upgrade my monitor to a 17 inch LCD with a native resolution of
> 1024x768 :-) .

[snip]

Recently, I had to replace my Eizo 17" CRT monitor. I could have bought a good
CRT based monitor, but made the mistake of looking at the better made LCDs. I
bought a LG, which cost more than NECs and some others, but the advantages
are VERY visable. I'm using 1280x1024, but remember than LCD's, well most
anyway, provide a FULL 17" of screen area. I have 1 client who is somewhat
visually impaired and set her's up at 1024x768.

I do a LOT of high-end digital photos, and process all of them on this box
with the Gimp, printing as large as 13"x19". The LCD works VERY well for that
type of work and is worth the money.

Hope this helps,

Fred

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."