[CS-FSLUG] Linux/Programming magazines

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Mon Sep 13 23:26:55 CDT 2004

On September 13, 2004 10:07 pm, listmail at rotundus.com wrote:
> Quoting "N. Thompson" <n.thomp at sasktel.net>:
> > (is it any easier reading
> > off an LCD screen?).
>
> Yes! (but easier yet to read off paper IMO)

We're in agreement on that one but if I ever come across the money for it I
think I'll upgrade my monitor to a 17 inch LCD with a native resolution of
1024x768 :-) .

> Anyway I'm looking for a good magazine on C++
>
> > programming, I'd especially be interested in one that covers the Qt
> > toolkit or the KDE libraries. There was one that would have the
> > occasional such article but I can't remember which one. In the case that
> > I cannot find a C++ magazine with good Qt/KDE content I'd be happy just
> > settling with one that has regular C++ articles as long as I could apply
> > what I'd learn in Linux as well as FreeDOS instead of just in Windows.
> > I'm also interested in any magazines that would have a lot of content on
> > Python or a magazine that has both articles on Linux and programming.
>
> How about the Linux Journal - www.linuxjournal.com ?  Probably most typical
> programming magazines will be windows-focused.  If you've got any
> mega-bookstores in your area they might be something to check out, as they
> generally have a ton of different magazines that typical stores don't
> stock.
>
> David

Thats one of the ones I'm taking into consideration but their programming
articles don't come around as frequently as I'd like, If I'm going to get a
magazine once a month then I'd rather it have more on my favourite
topic :-) .