[CS-FSLUG] Linux/Programming magazines

listmail at rotundus.com listmail at rotundus.com
Mon Sep 13 23:07:08 CDT 2004

Quoting "N. Thompson" <n.thomp at sasktel.net>:

> (is it any easier reading
> off an LCD screen?).

Yes! (but easier yet to read off paper IMO)

Anyway I'm looking for a good magazine on C++
> programming, I'd especially be interested in one that covers the Qt toolkit
> or the KDE libraries. There was one that would have the occasional such
> article but I can't remember which one. In the case that I cannot find a C++
> magazine with good Qt/KDE content I'd be happy just settling with one that
> has regular C++ articles as long as I could apply what I'd learn in Linux as
> well as FreeDOS instead of just in Windows. I'm also interested in any
> magazines that would have a lot of content on Python or a magazine that has
> both articles on Linux and programming.

How about the Linux Journal - www.linuxjournal.com ?  Probably most typical
programming magazines will be windows-focused.  If you've got any
mega-bookstores in your area they might be something to check out, as they
generally have a ton of different magazines that typical stores don't stock.

David