[CS-FSLUG] Linux/Programming magazines

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Mon Sep 13 20:30:53 CDT 2004

I've just submitted a similar question to "Ask slashdot" so hopefully I'll get
lots of input on this if it ever makes in on the site but I'm impatient so
I'm also going to ask here where I don't have to wait for my post to
appear :-) .

I spend a lot of time in the school library during my Lunch breaks reading,
usually its a programming tutorial that I'm reading on one of the schools
computers but I'm not fond of reading off a screen (is it any easier reading
off an LCD screen?). Anyway I'm looking for a good magazine on C++
programming, I'd especially be interested in one that covers the Qt toolkit
or the KDE libraries. There was one that would have the occasional such
article but I can't remember which one. In the case that I cannot find a C++
magazine with good Qt/KDE content I'd be happy just settling with one that
has regular C++ articles as long as I could apply what I'd learn in Linux as
well as FreeDOS instead of just in Windows. I'm also interested in any
magazines that would have a lot of content on Python or a magazine that has
both articles on Linux and programming.