[CS-FSLUG] Random comment on comment

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Sep 13 21:54:30 CDT 2004

On Monday September 13 2004 9:10 pm, Ed Hurst wrote:
> Don Parris wrote:
> > Hmmm....   CHADDB's MySQL back-end is not what I would describe as
> > "clean" or elegant.  Yet any church could easily deploy it, whether
> > they choose to wait for the java front-end, or simply hook it up to
> > OpenOffice.org.  The Java front-end will likely add elegance, and if

[snip]

Sorry, I'm coming in on this late. Like Ed, I don't have a whole lot of
experience with "modern" databases and failed to get mysql up and running
properly. However, after playing with the built-in DBase 3 app. included with
OpenOffice, I'm come to think that most churches could EASILY use it for all
of their DB needs.

Fred

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."