[CS-FSLUG] Random comment on comment

Aaron Patrick Lehmann lehmanap at cs.purdue.edu
Mon Sep 13 22:12:12 CDT 2004

When you guys talk about interface, are you speaking of the UI?  I think of the
code interface when I say it...  Ad FYI Ed, in coding terms, clean means that
you allow those who will use your interface the functionality they need, and no
more.

And with regard to "freedom," do you mean, the ability to do what you want in
the way you want it?  If so, then freedom is anathema to me as a programmer.
If an interface allows 10 differrent programmers the ability to do the same
thing in 10 widely different ways, then maintaining and extending is going to
be difficult, because what is the obvious way to one person will not be so to
the next.  Give me an interface that allows me to get what I need done, in one
obvious way.  If there are several equally valid ways to do something that come
to mind, I get antsy.

Aaron Lehmann

Sometimes you stay the course;
Sometimes the course stays you.