[CS-FSLUG] PD: CPUSA & Kerry.

Tim Roettger bondservant at thebondservant.org
Mon Sep 13 19:47:09 CDT 2004

I understand that people have the inherit need to complain about the powers
that be.  But perhaps we should respect the admin's request to leave out the
politics for a short time.  This list has two purposes, God and Linux (hence
the name).  For me I don't want to listen to a bunch of people complain
about various leaders.  Debate always ensues and it's never a fun thing to
watch.  While many of us enjoy a good debate, I think we'd do well to
remember Proverbs 17:14 " The beginning of strife is like releasing water;
Therefore stop contention before a quarrel starts."

That being said, I don't care about your political standings be you in the
US as myself or outside.  I follow one strict rule with those I call
friends, never discuss politics.  Many times your comments can come off
offensive to others, wither by internet or not, people take their political
views very seriously and it can be easy to hurt someone or anger them by an
off hand comment.

There should be no room for political discussion on a Linux discussion list.
There are plenty of other forums and resources for this, however there are
very few Linux Christian resources for this.  If politics continue take up
the vast majority of this list, I will have little use for it.

Tim Roettger
bondservant at thebondservant.org