[CS-FSLUG] PD: CPUSA & Kerry.

@ndrew andrew at dothedrew.net
Mon Sep 13 20:32:58 CDT 2004

I understand that people don't like to listen to political debates. But
perhaps we should be a little less sensitive about the whole thing. I
believe the CSFSLUG website specifically says, and I quote, "ChristianSource
topics can be pretty much anything that would interest a Christian
Linux/free software enthusiast." I don't see why that can't include
political discussion, not to mention the fact that if we're having political
discussions, then, well, I guess somebody must be interested in it. Besides,
if we're not talking enough Linux right now, what makes you think that'll
chanage just because we stop talking politics? I'm not sure that's a
cause-and-effect relationship.

Now, I'm not arguing with the list administrator - he can do whatever he'd
like. If there's to be no political discussions, then so be it. But as long
as it's allowed, why must we complain about it so vehemently? If you don't
want to listen to people talk politics, then, uh, don't listen! You'll
notice I haven't responded to many political discussions lately. And there's
a simple reason for that: I haven't READ many of the political discussions
lately. I don't have the time for it, yet I'm not on here complaining about
it, either. I mean, really, it's not that hard to determine which messages
are politically oriented and which aren't. I haven't lost any sleep sorting
through CSFSLUG messages trying to find the ones I'm interested in reading.

Like you, I, too, follow a rule when among friends - try not to get
offended. Even if they (*gasp*) say I'm dumb and political views stink as
bad as my shoes. It's not that important.

If we're gonna head off debating at the pass, then why do we have to come on
here and debate about whether or not we can debate? I don't get it.

--
@ndrew
andrew at dothedrew.net
http://www.dothedrew.net