[CS-FSLUG] This is breaking my heart (mild profantiy warning)

Leon Brooks xtiansrc at leon.brooks.fdns.net
Thu Sep 9 09:25:57 CDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:37, Christopher Rose wrote:
> How do I express this best? Even though I am an American, I can only
> handle so much of secular politics.

I can relate to that. If I was a Yank, I'd be stuck for a choice. Both
primary candidates appear to be dishonest in important ways, and nobody
else stands to get elected. I'd vote for an alternate, but I strongly
suspect that most of them only remained unbesmirched principally
because they're not worth the big boys bothering with.

It reminds me of an Aussie bumper sticker, playing on an advertising
series which always ended with "Which bank? The Commonwealth" and a
locally produced book /Bankers and Bastards/* which lifts the covers on
the Australian banking industry; the sticker says:

    [ Which bank? They're all bastards! ]

Cheers; Leon

* ISBN 0949905259; http://www.felicity.com.au/books_business.htm the
book even got mentioned in Hansard, the official Parliament reports
(http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LA19980506049).
Here is an interesting blast from our "minister for everything
else" (the Mining and Pastoral electorate covers most of Western
Australia and is several (five?) times as large as Texas):
http://www.australianpolitics.org/johnfischer/media/jfischer/JohnFischer.media.040818.bankers.htm

--
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman,
he said unto her,
And Jesus said unto her, "Neither do I condemn thee:
go, and sin no more". -- John 8:10-11, KJV