[CS-FSLUG] PD: Robertson and Falwell final denounced by religious leaders

listmail at rotundus.com listmail at rotundus.com
Wed Sep 8 02:07:37 CDT 2004

Quoting Brian Derr <bderr at myrealbox.com>:

> Thank you Clawman for bringing up the point I was going to make: since
> when has diplomacy EVER worked?  Reagan didn't win the Cold War because
> of diplomacy he won the Cold War because he had the biggest gun.  There

... and this biggest gun was?  With nuclear weapons, who really cares if you can
blow up the entire planet 30 times or only 20?

One plausible explanation to me would be that the Soviets were simply the first
to run out of money.

> is no such thing as friendship in international politics.  It really is
> amazing to me that people still think that there will be peace on earth.

... yet somehow dropping bombs on people will bring peace?

> I think as a group we need to be better about making our points but
> backing them with scripture.  I try to do it whenever I can because
> without a scriptural backing what do you have?  A smelly opinion.  :-P

Matthew 5: 43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your
enemy.'  44But I tell you: Love your enemies    and pray for those who persecute
you,

38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'
39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the
right cheek, turn to him the other also.  40And if someone wants to sue you and
take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.

David