[CS-FSLUG] PD: Robertson and Falwell final denounced by religious leaders

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Wed Sep 8 11:27:06 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 18:52, Timothy R.Butler wrote:
> Well, I think one can argue that the Americans did force a premature
> end to the USSR, at the very least, but its certainly not a direct
> "win." :-)
[snip]
> 	It's been brought back though... (google about "SDI").
>
> 	-Tim

"Wikipedia" agrees with you:
"While in the opinion of many Mikhail Gorbachev's reforms deserve a vast
majority of the blame, or credit for the collapse of the Soviet Union (see
also History of the Soviet Union (1985-1991)), SDI may have contributed to
the fall by successfully applying the strategy of technology, which was a
prevalent doctrine at the
time." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative).

It might be that I learnt something new about this subject ;).

Blessings,
Jukka