[CS-FSLUG] TD: CS-BibleStudy: Hosea 4

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Tue Sep 7 08:35:58 CDT 2004

Timothy R. Butler wrote:

> 1.) What do you see as the most important part of this passage?

It's a laundry list of the ways the nation has pursued idolatry. Bad
enough they worship at shrines physically, but they worship the gods of
the heart, too: lying, stealing, oppression, etc.

> 2.) What do you suppose is meant by "I will not punish your
> daughters..."? Won't everyone be punished acco to to Hosea?

It is a recurring theme from Genesis that Eve was the one deceived; Adam
knew better but followed her anyway. Thus, in idolatry there is the
image that women lead the way. However, in this case we see that God
will not permit the men to blame the women, since their sin is taking
the lead in this case.

--
Ed Hurst

---