[CS-FSLUG] How to resolve anapparent - It Works!

linux at rmf.mailshell.com linux at rmf.mailshell.com
Sat Sep 4 23:32:49 CDT 2004

Hey, Praise God, it worked! It works!
While I want to give glory to God, I must thank you, Eduardo, for your little trick. I tried it last night, and had to do it over about 4-5 times until I figured out how to choose the right Graphics card my computer has. Found one close to it under "Other" Then everything came back. Haven't even lost any files or emails!

I do see some problems to work out though. Just haven't got to that yet, as Saturday is my domestic day, and I've been working on a quilt for my Great-nephew too.

But my window space in Mandrake does not use all of my screen real estate. It did that too when I first installed it, but I can't recall how I fixed it. The monitor buttons don't seem to help.

Also, the brower window (Mozilla) that was open when the crash happened is still there, and will NOT close. The error message made off in a hurry and I hope it's gone for good. It said, "The connection was refused when attempting to contact 64.241... etc." I had to click OK 2 x to get rid of it each time.

It was getting late enough so my eyes were beginning to swell shut, but I went to bed singing under my breath, "It works! It works!"

My next agenda item is to see how to ease my transition so I can do all my work there. Has anybody who's done this before got some advice?

I did fine out back in May that from within Mandrake/Linux, I can reach down to my other Windows Drive and files, and pull up/convert whatever I need to work
on. So my writing time should move easily enough.

I'm concerned about email and web design though. I will really miss my Pegasus!
Though I've begun to use Thunderbird for the emails from one domain, and am
getting the hang of it. - However, Mandrake doesn't let me download/install anything but what it has cached  on the original CDs. So how do I do that?

As for Web design, I've used Star Office in the past, but in recent years done it all in 1st Page 2000. Back in May I explored the HTML programs in Mandrake, but they all made my web pages look strange. I think I'm going to need a huge period for a learning curve here! No?

Okay, I'm talkin' too much. Time to wait for answers..

But with Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth