[CS-FSLUG] Firefox and Thunderbird

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Sep 7 07:23:23 CDT 2004

I have the same problem with evolution and fluxbox. It's a pain, but I
just cut and paste links. Another solution would be welcome.

JSR/

## On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 15:45, Timothy R.Butler wrote:
Hi,
   I installed the latest Mozilla.org builds of Firefox and Thunderbird
on a Mandrake Linux system running GNOME 2.4.x a short time ago. Here's
the problem: when Thunderbird attempts to open a web link, Firefox
starts a separate process and thus tries to get the user to switch
profiles (since the main one is already in use). Any ideas on how to
get Thunderbird to send the URL to the already open Firefox process
rather than starting a new one?

        Thanks,
                Tim