[CS-FSLUG] Setting Up DSL Router

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 21:59:50 CDT 2004

Thanks guys,

Regardless of whether I set eth0 to get it's ip address from DHCP or
statically assign it, I still have no DHCP connection.  The bottom
line is that the NIC seems to be able to see the DSL modem, as I can
type in 192.168.99.1 in the url bar and get the test html page.
But, when I type in the telco's default ip address for the router
(192.168.1.254), it cannot load the page.  Is the router supposed to
be used as the default gateway?

I'd almost rather set this up manually in a text editor, than rely on
GUI apps that cause me about as much confusion as they offer help. :)
I also might need to call BellSouth and ask them whether they need me
to use DHCP or static ip.  As for the problem being obvious, Frank, I
meant it was obvious to me that I was not connecting via DSL.

It appears from my boot log that my NIC & USB card are sharing IRQ -
could be a problem - don't know yet.  I'll have a look at it.