[CS-FSLUG] anyone know when?

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Sun May 23 07:45:50 CDT 2004

On Saturday 22 May 2004 06:37 pm, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> > > 	Is that the community edition on BT or the official? I know MDK has
> > > been asking people to stick to going through the Club to get it for the
> > > moment... it's kinda ashame if people stuck it on BitTorrent anyway.
> >
> > Yeah it is, but it only takes one...
> >
> > I didn't realize that MDK was discouraging BT for that.
>
> 	Well, Mandrake is asking people to buy the packs, join the club or wait
> until the public release of Official Edition. Getting the release early
> is a carrot that MDK hangs in front of people to get them to join
> Mandrakeclub. They only use Free Software licenses, so it isn't
> something they can stop, but they certainly try to keep things under
> wraps until the official release date.

I installed the FTP version in under 15 minutes. :-)

I have to say, between 10.0 community and official, I didn't think official
would be very much improvement over community, but I was wrong. There are
some bugs that I rememeber in community that aren't present in official.
Matter of fact, I haven't seen any bugs in official yet.