[CS-FSLUG] CS-FSLUG history?

Greg Slade gslade at studio.cbbs.org
Mon Mar 29 21:55:52 CST 2004

> I did a post on the history of CS-FSLUG for our one year
> anniversary last year. I'll forward it to the list in a few
> moments. Keep in mind the membership and administration
> information is outdated and the stuff above is the present
> information.

Thanks, Tim. That's exactly what I needed. I also posted the URL for the
CS-FSLUG page on the C-LUG (Christian Linux Users Group) list, and have
added links to CS-FSLUG on the CAMsoc site on the links page, the users
groups page, and on the SIGix page.

Here's the current draft of the CS-FSLUG entry for the users groups page:

ChristianSource Free Software and Linux Users Group (CS-FSLUG)

Christian Linux and free software users group founded by Timothy R.
Butler in January, 2002. CS-FSLUG is based on a mailing list called
CHRISTIANSOURCE. The original list administrator was Jonathan Drews. In
August, 2002, the LINUX4CHRISTIANS mailing list run by Linc Fessenden was
merged with CHRISTIANSOURCE. Shortly thereafter, Jonathan Drews had to
step down due to lack of time, and an administration team was put into
place. As of March, 2004, the CS-FSLUG mailing list had 79 members, and
the administration team consisted of Timothy R. Butler, Ciaran Hamilton,
and Eduardo Sanchez.

By the bye, whatever happened to Linc Fessenden and Linux4Christians? The
web site is still there, but when I attempted to subscribe to the list
(before I found CS-FSLUG), I just got a bounce, rather than a message
pointing me to CS-FSLUG. Even so, the Linux4Christians site does have
some links I hadn't discovered elsewhere.

God bless,

Greg

P.S. If any of you have taken part in other Christian computer users
groups, and have some details you can contribute to my Christian computer
users groups page, I would appreicate hearing from you.

Greg Slade                              www.associate.com/camsoc/greg/
gslade at studio.cbbs.org                       www.associate.com/camsoc/
Schroedinger was/wasn't here.