[CS-FSLUG] CS-FSLUG history?

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Mon Mar 29 18:51:21 CST 2004

Hi Greg,
    Welcome aboard! Hopefully I can answer these questions for you.

> 1. When *did* CS-FSLUG get started?

  January 16, 2002 (initial organization), January 20, 2002 for the
public announcement.

> 2. Who's in charge here?

  I founded the list, but it is operated by an administration team made
up by me, Eduardo (whom you are replying to) and Ciaran Hamilton. Each
member has equal voting power (1 vote) and issues are brought up when a
member submits a Request for Comments to the administrators. If we see
fit we hold a vote on it and that changes the appropriate issue.

> 3. How many people are in CS-FSLUG?

  79, I believe.

   I did a post on the history of CS-FSLUG for our one year anniversary
last year. I'll forward it to the list in a few moments. Keep in mind
the membership and administration information is outdated and the stuff
above is the present information.

   -Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |