[CS-FSLUG] CS-FSLUG history?

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Mon Mar 29 22:06:54 CST 2004

Hi Greg,
> Thanks, Tim. That's exactly what I needed. I also posted the URL for the

  Great. :-)

> CS-FSLUG page on the C-LUG (Christian Linux Users Group) list, and have
> added links to CS-FSLUG on the CAMsoc site on the links page, the users
> groups page, and on the SIGix page.

  Thanks!

> Here's the current draft of the CS-FSLUG entry for the users groups page:
>
> ChristianSource Free Software and Linux Users Group (CS-FSLUG)

  I've put some correction in-between your lines below.

> Christian Linux and free software users group founded by Timothy R.

   Christian should be ChristianSource.

> Butler in January, 2002. CS-FSLUG is based on a mailing list called
> CHRISTIANSOURCE. The original list administrator was Jonathan Drews. In

  Actually, it was always an admin team, one member of which was
Jonathan. The others were myself, Jerry Kreps, Jonthan "JW" Wilson, and
Ciaran Hamilton. It's up to you whether you really want to include all
those names in the information.

> August, 2002, the LINUX4CHRISTIANS mailing list run by Linc Fessenden was
> merged with CHRISTIANSOURCE. Shortly thereafter, Jonathan Drews had to
> step down due to lack of time, and an administration team was put into

  This, of course, needs to be adjusted per the information above. :-)

> By the bye, whatever happened to Linc Fessenden and Linux4Christians? The

  Linc is on this list (hi Linc!). He was away for awhile but is quite
active here now.

> web site is still there, but when I attempted to subscribe to the list
> (before I found CS-FSLUG), I just got a bounce, rather than a message
> pointing me to CS-FSLUG. Even so, the Linux4Christians site does have
> some links I hadn't discovered elsewhere.

   L4C the site continues, L4C the mailing list was discontinued as part
of our membership merger with them (for whatever reason, L4C the list
hadn't drawn much activity, thus why the membership transfer made
sense). We link to L4C the site, but it still independently operated by
Linc. It does have a lot of cool links.

> P.S. If any of you have taken part in other Christian computer users
> groups, and have some details you can contribute to my Christian computer
> users groups page, I would appreicate hearing from you.

  I have to run so I haven't had a chance to check out your site yet. Do
you have CMUG already? That's the Christian Mac Users Group -->
http://www.cmug.org/ .

  Blessings,
                 Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |