[CS-FSLUG] Immodesty in the church

listmail at rotundus.com listmail at rotundus.com
Fri Jun 25 22:30:51 CDT 2004

Quoting Chris Brault <groundhog3000 at yahoo.com>:
> Indeed, and the decisions one makes at the clothing
> store come from self-control and love.

Is there any clear point though at which clothing becomes lacking in modesty?

> Muhammed married a 13 year old girl (we call that
> statatory rape and kiddie porn here in the states).

I think that a lot of this comes down to this being in a different time and
place (ie. cultural norms you talked about).  If you have a society with a
shorter lifespan (although I'm not sure if this was the case in Mohammed's
time), if makes a bit of sense for marriage to take place at an earlier age.

Right now it's generally required that people finish high school, but, if the
average lifespan is was 25 - 40 (as it has been in certain times and places),
would such an educational policy make sense?

I sometimes wonder why in a country where abortion is legal for teenagers (often
even without even the requirement of parental consent), marriage isn't.

David Aikema