[CS-FSLUG] Add on: Henning Brauer's message

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Mon Jun 21 12:48:29 CDT 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 20:38, Jukka Y wrote:
> On Monday 21 June 2004 20:15, Frank Bax wrote:
> > It was interesting to read that OpenBSD developers have found "a number
> > of serious security problems in apache that we have fixed, and that have
> > been offered them back, and they refused".
> > http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0406/msg00448.html
>
>  I noticed that previous post was the one where OpenBSD developer Henning
> Brauer announced that there will be no longer updates for Apache because of
> Apaches new licence-policy (that announcement was also noticed in
> news-sites some times ago). Maybe they (Apache-folks) are not able to
> accept code from the developers that don't accept their licence?
Actually, it was not previous message - it was called "reference"...

http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0406/msg00412.html

"The apache we ship with OpenBSD will stay at version 1.3.29. We will
fix bugs, but there won't be any updates any more. 1.3.31 has been
released under their "new" license which is less free than the previous
one, and this is not acceptable.

You know whom to complain to."