[CS-FSLUG] The Best Way to Help Tsunami Victims

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Dec 31 21:44:50 CST 2004

ALERT:  We've found what is probably the best way to help
victims of last week's killer tsunami -- and it does NOT
involve corrupt organizations like the United Nations.
Please give now:

http://www.adnamis.org/specialGiving.cfm?project_id=70003SUM

The official death toll, five days after a quake below the
Indian Ocean sent killer waves up to 30 feet high crashing
ashore without warning in south Asia, now stands at 124,000
people. Five million people are homeless in the region.

But the worst may be yet to come. New reports say that the
death toll in Acheh alone, the region worst hit by last
Sunday's tsunami, may exceed 400,000 as many affected areas
could still not be reached for search and rescue operations.

Aid started to get through to stricken areas, but not always
to the right people amid poor coordination and destruction.
Getting help from regional centers to people cut off in
coastal lands, with obliterated towns, washed-away roads,
scant fuel, barely a boat and debris-clogged harbors, is a
nightmare. Experts are warning that disease could kill many
more, with children most at risk. Diarrhea, cholera and
malaria are among the dangers.

These people -- our fellow human beings -- need our help.

What they do NOT need is the kind of "help" that the United
Nations brings -- but apparently, the United States is
preparing to turn over millions of taxpayer dollars to the
UN and its agencies, supposedly to relieve the immense
suffering of millions of people.

This is OUTRAGEOUS, especially given the latest scandalous
news about the United Nations, including the "oil-for-food"
scandal in which UN officials and their designates received
millions in payoffs, the way the UN oversaw the genocide in
Rwanda, and the way UN officials in the Congo have turned a
"relief effort" there into one giant sex slavery ring.

We don't need to give our money to the UN to help the
tsunami victims. We need to give to an organization that
has people on the ground there NOW -- people with a heart
and passion only to serve... people who are ACCOUNTABLE.

We believe we have just the right organization: the Advancing
Native Missions Organization (ANM). ANM stands behind 3,500
indigenous or native missionaries who are reaching their own
people in more than 60 countries of the world.

Headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia, the Advancing
Native Missions Organization is an inter-denominational,
evangelical, non-profit missions organization founded in
1992 that serves as a bridge between native missions
organizations and the body of Christ in North America. In
the Asian area alone, they are partnered with over 50 local
ministries, including Indonesia, India and Thailand.

And unlike the United Nations... ANM is actually
*accountable* for all of its funding. THIS is the kind of
organization that can help the tsunami victims -- NOT the
UN.

So let's show the real soul of America. Let's give from
the heart, where it will do the most good.

TAKE ACTION:  As Joseph Farah wrote about the UN at
WorldNetDaily.com, "Giving these predatory monsters our
money and a new relief mission is tantamount to giving them
a new license to rape and pillage people who need love and
compassion."

As long as the UN exists, "it will siphon off vast amounts
of money, manpower and resources that might otherwise
accomplish some good."

No matter what horrors the United Nations perpetrates on
innocent people, there is no accountability, no punishment,
no consequence. That's why it is inevitable that we will
only create new victims of this global monstrosity by
sending more relief money to the UN.

PLEASE, help us get REAL assistance *directly* to the people
who need it most, on the ground in the devastated areas.
Make your best contribution right now to the Advancing
Native Missions Organization:

http://www.adnamis.org/specialGiving.cfm?project_id=70003SUM

NOTE:  All gifts given to the Advancing Native Missions
Organization are tax-deductible, which means that your
online donation TODAY -- before the end of 2004 -- can
still be deducted on your 2004 taxes. In addition, ANM
is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council
for Financial Accountability, and 92.5% of the funds
received by ANM go directly to people on the ground in
the devastated areas. Each year, ANM obtains an independent
audit by a certified public accounting firm. Each group
supported through ANM is researched and verified, and its
financial methods validated. Regular assurances are made
that all gifts given are being used appropriately.

Be sure to send this Alert to EVERYONE you know who wants
to help the victims of the tsunami, and wants to make sure
their donation is actually USED in an accountable way.
Thank you!

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."