[CS-FSLUG] "Your Defiant Comeback"

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Dec 31 23:37:14 CST 2004

A WORD WITH YOU
By Ron Hutchcraft
#4690 - "Your Defiant Comeback"
Micah 7:8

Listen to the audio broadcast!
http://www.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/ramhurl?p=pnm&f=/rhm/sounds/awwy/awwy4690.rm

        It was the final event of the men's gymnastics competition in the 2004
Athens Olympics. American Paul Hamm's hopes for the gold medal seemed to come
crashing down as he made a lopsided landing and actually toppled into the
judges' tables. That gave him a disappointing 9.137 score that virtually
doomed his chances for a first place finish. After some moments of what he
described as "depression," he decided to fight back - with what would have to
be the best two performances of his life, just to win the bronze. Paul took a
deep breath and he began to move powerfully through the air with a routine
that was filled with technical challenges. It was a nearly perfect
performance with a solid landing at the end. His score: 9.837. At first, he
didn't know what that meant in terms of a medal. Then he heard his coach
screaming, "Olympic champion!" The gold medal was his.

        I'm Ron Hutchcraft and I want to have A Word With You today about
"Your Defiant Comeback."

        Paul Hamm messed up, but he didn't give up. He fell down, but he
didn't stay down. Maybe that's a picture of you, or it's going to be a
picture of you. Because you've messed up. You've made some mistakes. That
failure could be final - if you let it be. Or you can get up and make a
defiant comeback. Which is exactly what the devil is counting on you not
doing. He got you down, and he's hoping you'll be so discouraged, so
defeated, that you'll stay down. This is your day to say, "No way, Satan! I
belong to Jesus, and in His strength, I'm coming back!"

        That kind of comeback defiance is powerfully expressed in our word for
today from the Word of God in Micah 7, beginning with verse 8. "Do not gloat
over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in
darkness, the Lord will be my light." Getting up again, coming back is a
choice - one you need to make this very day. Serve notice that the devil's
victory is a temporary victory. You're not staying down.

        Micah goes on to say, "Because I have sinned against him, I will bear
the Lord's wrath, until he pleads my case and establishes my right." You
can't recover unless you repent. The comeback trail begins at the cross of
Jesus where you acknowledge your sin and remember that it took the death of
God's Son to pay for it. How will He respond? Hebrews 7:25 says, "He is able
to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives
to intercede for them." He pleads your case, and your sin is erased from
God's Book. After a horrendous sin of immorality, here was David's turning
point: "I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord - and You
forgave me the guilt of my sin.'"

        Out of the darkness. Back it into the light. Micah's announcement of a
spiritual comeback continues: "He will bring me out into the light; I will
see His righteousness. Then my enemy will see it and will be covered with
shame." The devil's been trying to bury you in shame. You need to get up;
remove whatever junk might bring you down again, and then declare, "Lord, I
am going to make the devil sorry he ever messed with me. I'm going to push
back the darkness and I'm taking prisoners away from him! He's going to be
the one covered with shame!"

        You can be walking, talking proof of the grace, the love, and the
restoring power of Jesus Christ; turning your fall into a mighty testimony
for Jesus Christ. The voice that's telling you, "It's over. What's the use?
God doesn't love you after what you've done." That's the voice of hell, and
those are lies! The truth is that "where sin increased, grace increased all
the more" (Romans 5:20). And because of God's amazing grace, your fall does
not have to be final. You went down, but you're not staying down. You're
coming back more of a winner, and more of a warrior than ever before!

Discuss today's "A Word With You," post your comments, or encourage others in
our discussion forum!
http://forums.gospelcom.net/view/rhm/awwy

To find out how you can begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,
please visit YOURS FOR LIFE: HOW TO HAVE LIFE'S MOST IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIP
at:
http://www.yoursforlife.net
Or, call 1-888-NEED HIM.

"A Word With You" by Ron Hutchcraft is a daily radio challenge, with
slice-of-life illustrations and insights - providing practical help on the
issues that matter most. If your local Christian radio station does not air
"A Word With You," please let them know how much you value this program. Over
six years of transcripts are available online, at
http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/awwy/

Ron Hutchcraft Ministries is a member of the Gospel Communications Network -
http://www.gospelcom.net

"A Word With You" is a production of:

Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.
http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/
Email: RHM at hutchcraft.com
Phone: 1-877-741-1200

Copyright (c) 2004, Ron Hutchcraft. Permission to distribute this material via
email, or individual copies, is automatically granted on the condition it
will be used for non-commercial purposes, and will not be sold. To reproduce
"A Word With You" transcripts in any other format, including Internet
websites, written permission is needed from Ron Hutchcraft.

Copyright (c) 2004, Ron Hutchcraft. Reprinted with permission. "A Word With
You" is a radio outreach of Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."