[CS-FSLUG] Just got hit with a cluestick

Norbert Bollow nb at norbert.ch
Sun Dec 19 19:24:55 CST 2004

I had written:

Ed Hurst <ehurst at asisaid.com> replied:

> Count me in on this part.

Wow... I really appreciate your, and Tim Young's support.  It means
_a_lot_ to me!

> What I can do is observe the process with a prophetic eye and a strong
> belief that what we discuss here can play a part in fulfilling the Great
> Commission.

I agree, and in fact Dan 2:44-45 and Mt 28:18-20 are my main sources
of motivation for all this.

> > My personal interests which I will like to bring into this business
> > are:
> >
> > (1) Technical applications (in Free Software) of the study of moral
> >     economics.  With "moral economics" I mean the study of how the
> >     economy works from the perspective of someone who believes that
> >     greed is a very real temptation, but giving in to greed is morally
> >     wrong.  Potential technical applications of such theories include
> >     business directories as well as solutions to the spam problem.
>
> This is what grabs me. I've seen too little on this. Have you read
> sources

Yes... much of what I have read is IMO pretty far off the mark though.

Worthwhile sources of inspiration include http://www.whwd.org/ (that
in fact is the source for the article by Doug Perry which I posted in
the initial message of this thread) and this paper:

  Seung Ho Park, Gerardo R. Ungson:  Interfirm rivalry and managerial
  complexity: A conceptual framework of alliance failure.
  In:  Organization Science: A journal of the Institute of Management
  Sciemnces Jan/Feb 2001, Vol.12, Issue 1, pp37-53.

> have you written sources on this?

Not really, but I'm working on a paper "Economic Networks, Temptations
of Greed, and Business Process Integration via Webservice Protocols"
which should be finished by end-January (because that's the submission
deadline for a conference where I plan to submit it)... I'll of course
be happy to send you a copy. :-)

Blessings and greetings,
Norbert.

- --