[CS-FSLUG] Christian FOSS News

James W. Thompson, II jwthompson2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 16:00:00 CST 2004

I was curious about something. I have been talking with people lately
about a Christian FOSS news site modeled off of Slashdot. I have
concluded that Slashcode is too cumbersome at this point as it would
require a dedicated server or at least a VPS to host the silly thing
and I don't have the resources financially to set that up. I also was
wondering if such a thing was even necessary or whether producing a
hub for all the other things going on might be better. Providing a
single site that pulls in stuff from all the various sources to create
a "network" of sites...

Just putting out feelers to see what needs to be done. If a Christian
FOSS news site is what is need though I could definitely make it work,
but I just want to find out what is really necessary and what would
just be a duplication of effort.

--
James W. Thompson, II (New Orleans, LA)