[CS-FSLUG] When do you update your distribution?

Alvin Smith email at alvinsmith.com
Thu Dec 9 13:42:31 CST 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 01:39 am, N. Thompson wrote:
> No, I'm sticking with Mandrake and Ark which I have now, I'm just
> wondering at what point other people decide to upgrade from an older
> version to a newer version (of the same distribution in my case but this
> can also apply to people switching from one distribution to another) and
> why they chose that time to do it, whether its to get the latest version
> of whatever application, something they do on a regular basis, they may
> simply upgrade out of curiosity or maybe they just like to run the
> latest version.

For me it was simply a matter of getting Bibletime/Gnomesword installed.  I
had various compile errors with Fedora Core 2.  While I was setting up some
older computers to run Debian Stable I found that installing Bibletime was a
snap with Debian.  So I made the switch to Debian Sarge for my desktop system
of choice.  And then because of curiosity, I installed SuSE on my laptop
which also had Fedora Core 2 on it.
--
Alvin Smith