[CS-FSLUG] Alpha course---OFFENDED!

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Fri Dec 3 11:42:37 CST 2004

Hi Christopher,
> Should I feel offended by this? Probably.

No. There is no reason to be -- I simply suspect that the site linked
in that message was the same one I ran into the Left Behind rejection
on. (Incidentally, I see that somehow I ran into this message several
months late -- I thought it was new... odd.)

> I still REJECT the Alpha program. I know many who have gone to check
> it out and find themselves feeling WORSE for going (including myself,
> I became suicidal for a number of months because I felt like I had an
> "insufficient quantity" of the Holy Spirit). I will stay with my
> position. The rest of you are free to believe as you will, but this is
> where I MUST disagree.

	I personally don't see any harm in disagreeing or that it doesn't work
for certain people. My disagreement with the article (which was what I
was responding to) was that it critiques from the wrong angles in my
opinion.

	I suspect most methods will have some flaws (even the terrible one you
mention now), but that is where the article could have done better:
show how to supplement Alpha to avoid that. At least the way I read it,
the article was instead just attempting to attack the course (and, for
whatever reason, CCM).

	I'm sorry if you felt offended, there was no offensive intent in my
message (and, my reply was to the article, not to you... if you posted
anything about your bad experience with Alpha, I did not see it, I only
saw the article).

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |