[CS-FSLUG] Not like the world

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Dec 2 08:26:50 CST 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Stephen J. McCracken wrote:

> Ed Hurst wrote:

> > Indeed, I'm quite certain anyone on the list would be altogether
> > willing to tell you how to filter them out specifically so you don't
> > have to put up with anything you find offensive.
>
> Realistically, I don't think that was the point of his post. It
> wasn't that he found it offensive and just didn't want to see it
> anymore, but a gentle admonishment to the list that we need to be
> careful of our attitudes as followers of Christ. God calls us to be
> different from those around us. To actually *love* our enemies.

Yes, Bro. Stephen, I agree. My comment about filtering was of the "if
all else fails" catergory. We are into the territory of strong belief
for some, and one man's verbal hostility is another man's righteous
denunciation of sin. I doubt Fred will lighten up on whacking BG and
MS, as he sees it as the latter. He has spent a good deal of time
investigating their sins. Others are less vociferous, but echo his
sentiments.

OTOH, I actually chose to reinstall Win98 on my church's computer,
since it will never see a Net connection, and it came with Office 97,
which works fine for the purpose. The box is too old and under-powered
for serious FOSS use beyond the console interface. I can't ask the
clueless to live with that. It matches nicely the old dot-matrix
printer, for which there are no useable FOSS drivers. There are no
license issues since the box had it already.

Ed Hurst
A Bible Site -- http://webs.tconline.net/softedges/
Linux & Unix Help -- http://ed.asisaid.com/
Blog -- http://ed.asisaid.com/blog/