[CS-FSLUG] TD: CS-BibleStudy: Hosea Chapter 1

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Thu Aug 19 08:20:14 CDT 2004

Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 15:40, Ed Hurst wrote:
>

>>(Keep in mind, I have a tremendous difficulty memorizing addresses for
>>references -- it's not how my brain works. I'm hoping you'll recognize
>>the references.)
>
> I have that same issue. My wife is great at references and I have to
> work really hard and over a length of time to get things to stick. Bible
> college forced some in (Gen. 3:15; Ex. 20), but I'm still amazed at the
> people who pull support references for an on-the-spot discussion for
> 15min straight and think I know exactly what they are talking about. :-)

I am told that part of the reason is that we have a non-standard memory
framework. I can most certainly remember content, including massive
minor details, but I'm fortunate to remember who wrote what. If you ask
me a content-related question, I am confident I can respond.

> I often ask my wife where to find a verse I'm looking for. She's a great
> concordance (and wife too)!

Wise choice. I, too, find myself frequently "rescued" by mine over the
years. She does so well the things at which I fail.

--
Ed Hurst