[OFB Cafe] Ping...

Donald Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 15 02:29:46 CST 2011

Looks like the Ping worked beyond my expectations.  I see most of those
that I talked with before are "alive and well" in Medical parlance...
<grin> That is Great!!  The only one missing is Tim ...

The news from Texas is about the same.  I have backed out of
Linux-as-a-hobby and revived my Ham Radio hobby about a year ago.  I
pulled the old gear out of storage, dusted it off and got rid of all the
spiders, etc.  Then began the slow process of getting it running again.
If you remember your first Linux install then square the effort you have
an idea of what I was faced with.  The older equipment was mostly TUBE
(Brit = Valves) based and new tubes are extremely hard to find these
days!  Putting up wire antennas in trees has gotten a LOT more
difficult...  I have had to learn how to use sling-shots and bows &
arrows to get the support lines up in trees!

I want to share some pictures of West Texas with you.  The photographer
calls himself the "State Photographer of Texas".  His base of operation
is a town about 300 miles North of me right in the middle of the vast
Texas Plains.  His pictures involve more than that area, and include
most of West Texas... a vast area for sure.  I have driven through a lot
of it, and considered it rather desolate and foreboding until I saw
these.  There is a certain rugged majesty in them...

http://player.vimeo.com/video/22132017?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-