[OFB Cafe] The TRUTH about John McCain

Fred Smith fps at xicada.com
Tue Sep 23 12:03:10 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 2:02 AM, Donald R Spoon <drspoon at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> After this, you can believe what you want.  "You can lead a horse to
> water, but you can't make him drink!"

The article I quoted wasn't written or published by Sampley, it was
written and published by Devvy Kidd, who was a GOP congressional
candidate.

Still, you don't have to question the source when it came from McCain himself.

"He was a psychotic torturer, one of the worst fiends that we had to
deal with. I said, `O.K., I'll give you military information if you
will take me to the hospital.'"

McCain gave the North Vietnamese his ship's name, squadron's name, and
the attack's intended target. McCain also admitted giving the
locations bombing targets and the names of members of his squadron.
(Disclosing this information was in violation of the U.S. Code of
Conduct, which McCain later wrote he regretted, although he saw the
information as being of no practical use to the North Vietnamese.)

Due in part to his releasing this information, and in part to who his
father was, McCain was offered early release in 1968, but chose to say
with his "captors" for an additional 5 years. What transpired during
those 5 years is open for debate, but McCain himself has admitted that
he received preferential treatment during the time.