[OFB Cafe] The TRUTH about John McCain

Donald R Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 23 21:34:19 CDT 2008

Fred Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 2:02 AM, Donald R Spoon <drspoon at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> After this, you can believe what you want.  "You can lead a horse to
>> water, but you can't make him drink!"
>>

> The article I quoted wasn't written or published by Sampley, it was
> written and published by Devvy Kidd, who was a GOP congressional
> candidate.

Sigh...

Devvy Kidd is a wingnut of the first order!.  She believes that the
amendments to the Constitution were never ratified.  She believes that
the Federal Reserve is a private company owned by a very few rich
people.  She is a 911 conspiracy theorist, etc.  Look on Wikipedia for
her name... she can't make up what political party she believes
in...American Indepent Party in 1994, Republican PRIMARY 1996, left
after she lost and now supports the Constitution Party.  This is not a
picture of a stable political animal.

Devvy Kidd did indeed repost an article by Ted Sampley.  Ted Sampley is
the SINGLE SOURCE of her information.  She was not there!!  If you
Google a bit like I did, you will find her admission.  Look for a PDF
file of a letter from Col Bud Day, McCain' first roommate and who
suffered much the same injuries as McCain.

I quote from that file (original formatting lost):
> Devvy Kidd
> November 11, 2007
> Updated (links at bottom) February 8, 2008
> It is apparent I think little of John McCain. Yes, he served this
> country, was a POW and for
> that I am very sorry. It was the POW/MIA issue that got me really
> questioning the government
> back in 1985 and I was ashamed that I had paid so little attention up
> to that point. But, that
> does not excuse McCains actions while sitting unlawfully in the U.S.
> Senate that have
> contributed to the destruction of this republic - especially his
> voting to give illegals a free pass
> and continue this massive invasion. John McCain's constant and massive
> effort to give
> amnesty to 20 MILLION illegal aliens is beyond shameful. Additionally:
> captivity is not a
> qualification for president of these united States of America.
> However, I always believe in truth and fairness. About three years
> ago, I posted, not quoted,
> an article written by Ted Sampley from the U.S. Veteran Dispatch. On
> October 3, 2007, I
> received an email from a truly great American, Colonel Bud Day. I have
> known who Col. Day
> is for a long, long time and have the greatest respect for him. Col.
> Day took great exception to
> what Sampley said in his article and provided me with his first hand
> knowledge of McCain's
> captivity. I told Col. Day that I would publish his email and here is
> his accounting and dispute
> of Sampley's article:
Rest omitted for brevity...

 From my "sources" I have found Col Ted Guy was, technically, John
McCain's SRO for a while at the Plantation POW Camp in Hanoi, but he was
kept isolated and had only intermittent contact with the rest of the
POWs there.  Most of the time he was "acting SRO" because the true SRO
was being isolated.  Of course Ted cannot "... remember the communists
ever laying a hand on McCain"  since he never lived with him, nor was he
at the "quizzes" McCain was subjected to .

Col. Guy's differences with McCain didn't stem from their time as POWs,
but came from McCain's politics as a senator... especially his support
of re-establishing government relationships with Vietnam, and the fact
that the Senate committee that McCain chaired with John Kerry didn't
agree with the "there are POWS left behind" stand of Guy.  Guy felt that
he had been betrayed by McCain.  I personally didn't support McCain's
stand on normalization at the time, but that one thing has done more to
recover remains of dead servicemen from the Vietnam war that anything
Devvy Kidd or Ted Sampley has EVER done for the families of those
servicemen.  All the POWs I knew came home and I have a hard time saying
that there is any CREDIBLE evidence that some were left behind.  There
are those conspiracy theorist, though and the Charlatans like Sampley
who tried to make a buck off those grieving families.

One final thought from another former roommate of McCain and also
present at the Plantation POW camp: while McCain was there:

> Once back in Ho Lo I shared a cell (daytime visits) with John & Bob
> XXXXXX and after the big move to Camp Unity was with John in the
> notorious Cell 7. Having received a personal, thorough and complete
> indoctrination into VC interrogation methods (torture) I was, and
> still am, able to detect when one of our shipmates is exaggerating or
> in any way prevaricating about their interrogation experiences.
> Additionally, everyone in Cell 7 had been through the mill enough
> times to be willing and able to detect and "out" a phony.
>
> End result - although I did not see any POW tortured, I know who had
> experienced torture by the marks on them and their descriptions. You
> had to have been there to know the details. Those that had not been
> there, over the years would pick up bits and pieces of the torture
> stories to put on a good show; but to the initiated, the lie was
> always evident.
>
> My conclusion - John was tortured - period - end of discussion.
Getting thirsty yet??

-Don Spoon-