[OFB Cafe] Democrats Own the Wall Street Debacle

Steven Hatfield stevenhatfield at mac.com
Fri Sep 19 09:22:06 CDT 2008

On Sep 19, 2008, at 12:43 AM, Fred Smith wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com
> > wrote:
>> I've seen very few people who really enjoy twisting facts and
>> creating
>> the rest as much as you do.
>
> You keep calling people liars, but you can't seem to come up with any
> proof at all.  It's an interesting tactic you have, but no one is
> falling for it.

Proof isn't something that Republicans need. All they need is absolute
confidence in what they are saying. That is all the proof that they
need that what they are saying is the truth... an unblinking, absolute
confidence that what they are saying is all the proof that anyone will
ever need.

 From Nixon's famous "I am not a crook!" to Bush's lie about Saddam
being an imminent threat to the US to Palin's "I have that confidence,
I have that readiness" when asked to give specific skills that she has
in foreign policy experience.

Republicans believe that all they have to do is say what they want
people to believe and that is all the proof that is needed.

As for the people living in the real world, the world where over 4000
American kids and over 100,000 innocent Iraq citizens have died, where
Palin's foreign policy experience consists of being able to see Russia
from her house... well... we need some proof.

And it just isn't there.